After the excesses of Christmas, do you just want to eat some clean simple foods? I sure do! So how about some snack bars that really are good for you?
Every ingredient that goes into these goldenberry cranberry and acai berry bites are actually healthy in their own right. There is no need for any added sugar as the dried fruit imparts enough sweetness.
They are made from nuts, seeds and not just one berry, but THREE! You have tart and tangy dried goldenberries, ruby red sweet cranberries and acai berry in powdered form, in Omega-3 Superpowder. How about this for a potent anti-oxidant packed snack?!
These bars are gluten-free, vegan and do not require any baking. They are so easy to make, you’ll wonder why you bought shop-bought bars!
These bites are perfect as portable snacks, whether that be at work, during a hike, a pre or post work out nibble or simply with a nice cup of tea in the afternoon. I like making a batch and keeping them in a jar or airtight tupperware making them handy snacks (especially after a meal). To bump up the protein profile, you can add chia seeds or protein powder.
I have made these snacks into bite size bars but you can of course slice them more generously to make bars. When I am making these into gifts, I like to slice them on the smaller side (more so they can fit daintily into a jar!)
These bars keep in the fridge for 10 days and at room temp for about 7 days. They even freeze well! How is that for healthy snack prep?
Makes: 18 bites or 8-12 bars
Preparation time: 15 mins
Chilling time: 30 mins at least
- 100g dried goldenberries
- 40g almonds
- 40g cashews
- 20g pumpkin seeds
- 30g dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp. Omega-3 Superpowder
- 2 tbsp. hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp. protein powder (optional)
- 1.5 tbsp. chia seeds
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. water
- Add all ingredients into a blender or food processor and mix to combine. Then using a spatula, press into a tin lined with cling film, with the cling film overhanging the sides of the tin (to make it easy to pull out the set mixture later). Level using the spatula. Note, if you like thicker bars, simply use a smaller tin.
- Pop in the fridge for at least 30 mins to allow to set. (I sometimes leave this overnight).
- Gently pull the set bar out of the tin (the cling film overhangs can help with this) and place on a chopping board. Slice into small bites or bars as desired. Enjoy.