Who loves black forest gateau? Me! I adore that delectable combination of cacao notes from the chocolate with sweet luscious cherry. So with those flavours in mind, I made these black forest tofu cups!
These healthy cups can be whipped up in under 10 mins and make a terrific dessert or breakfast (dessert and chocolate for breakfast!)
To add to the nutritional content, I have added some protein powder to mine, although this is optional, plus some acai-berry containing Omega-3 Superpowder.
You can off course make other variations of this recipe, for times when cherries are out of season…this works well with raspberries, blackberries, blackcurrants and orange too!
Makes: 2 glasses
Preparation time: under 10 mins
For the cherry layer:
- 150g tofu (Silken or firm silken tofu gives a more runny texture and firm tofu makes it creamier)
- 150g fresh cherries, hulled
- 1.5 tbsp. protein powder (optional)
- 1 tsp. sweetener: maple, date syrup or honey if non-vegan
- 1 tbsp. acai-containing Omega-3 Superpowder
For the chocolate layer:
- 150g tofu (silken or firm)
- 1.5 tbsp. cacao
- 1 tbsp. protein powder
- 1 tsp sweetener: maple, date syrup or honey if non-vegan
- Optional: 1 tsp. maca root powder (this complements the chocolate)
- 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 4 tbsp. quinoa crispies or granola if you prefer
- 1 tbsp. cacao nibs
- A handful of fresh strawberries, halved
- Cherries, halved
- Strawberries, sliced
- Pumpkin seeds
- Cacao nibs
- For the cherry layer: blend all ingredients together in a food processor or blender. Set aside.
- For the chocolate layer: blend all ingredients together in a food processor or blender. Set aside.
- Start assembling your glasses, alternating between the chocolate, cherry layer, quinoa crispies or granola and ground flaxseed and cacao nibs.
- Decorate each glass as desired and serve
Don’t forget you can find my favourite recipes in my FREE eBook here.