This smoothie bowl tastes as good as it looks! It is vibrant, nutritious and simply delicious! You have sweet mango, balanced with coconut, earthy goji berries, tart sweet goldenberries and zingy fresh lime. There is base note of fresh root ginger too. The flavours of a tropical holiday in a bowl!
Nutritionally, this smoothie bowl is excellent with anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant rich turmeric and fresh ginger, anti-oxidant rich goji berries and goldenberries and omega-3, protein and fibre-packed chia seeds. I also love to enrich my smoothie bowls with protein powder; soya bean, pea, whey protein powder are excellent choices. (You can substitute for 40g steamed sweet potato or tofu if you prefer).
By using coconut milk, this smoothie is dairy-free and so suitable for vegans. The fun bit is deciding which topping to add!
Note: If you are unsure which blender to buy to make smoothies (and other dishes with!), I came across this helpful review by Which?
Makes: 2 large bowls
Preparation time: 5 mins
- 300g mango chunks (flesh from approximately 2 mangoes)
- 35g root ginger, peeled
- 2 tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- 3 tbsp dried goldenberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric or 1 ½ tsp vitalising superpowder
- Juice from half a lime
- 200ml coconut milk
- 150ml coconut water
- 2 ½ tbsp protein powder (soya bean, pea or whey)
- 1 nectarine, stoned and cut into chunks
- Dried fruit: goldenberries, cranberries, apricots, cherries, blueberries.
- Fresh fruit: eg. goldenberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries.
- Nuts: eg. Pistachios, hazelnuts, almonds, macadamias.
- Seeds: pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, ground flaxseed.
- Other: bee pollen, cacao nibs, rice crispies, protein crispies, coconut flakes.
- Place all the above ingredients into a blender and whizz. Pour into two bowls and decorate.
Don’t forget you can find my favourite recipes in my FREE eBook here.
- Add 2 tsp baobab superfruit powder for an extra anti-oxidant boost
- Add 2 tsp of goldenberry and chia power blend powder for a fibre protein and calcium boost